My project will be an interactive 3D model of a fantasy landscape to simulate the 2nd or “Sacral” Chakra known in Sanskrit as “Svadhisthana,” meaning “your own place.” (In traditions of Yoga practice there are seven Chakras that align along the spine.) The 2nd chakra is located along the lumbar vertebrae, slightly below the navel. It is associated with sensuality, creativity, passionate emotions, flow and flexibility. Associations with this chakra include:
- A circle with six petals
- A moon crescent
- The color orange
- Element of water
To make the scene interactive, I plan to create a series of objects that the player places in specific locations around a fountain. If they select the right objects, a spiral of colorful “energy” emerges from the fountain. I would also like to recreate the Koi fish I created in a previous class. I feel that using Zbrush will help me create a more realistic and beautiful model. If there is time, I would also like to create music soundtrack.
- Deepak Chopra and Wevr Studio’s “Finding Your True Self,” a VR guided meditation
- “Snowworld” a VR simulation developed by University of Washington Seattle and Harborview Burn Center. Used to assist burn patients alleviate pain.
- Yana VR Relaxation for Google Cardboard. Basic graphics of a beach environment with ambient music soundtract.
Unity, ZBrush, Maya, Photoshop, Audition (sound editing)
- “Sphere” environment – a 360 ° environment/playscape
- Koi fish
- Assorted objects – mandala symbol disc, seashell, goblet, etc.
Estimated timeline for each asset:
Prototype scene assembly in Unity 2/21
Prototype game mechanics/interactivity 2/27
Refinement of objects…more to come…
Purchase Zbrush $500
Unknowns in software:
- Improving modeling skills
- How to make spiral energy in fountain
- Pipeline from creating objects in Zbrush and Maya then bringing them into Unity
- How to use Unity
Steps to complete prototype:
Create rapid prototype to test game mechanics, then refine modeling for each asset, optimize for Unity, import into Unity, refine game mechanics/interaction, import soundtrack and sound effects.